10/21/13 - Radio Cadena Agramonte - Railroad Transportation Restored in Central Cuba after Accident
Havana, Cuba, Oct 21.- Railway and construction forces mobilized due to
the accident last Friday on the grounds of the town of Zaza del Medio,
central Sancti Spiritus province, managed to restore the road link which
remained disrupted since then in the center of the country.
According to the newspaper Granma today, the incident forced domestic
trains to be diverted to a secondary branch, affecting the speed of travel
and meeting the usual routes.
The reopening of the section was made ??possible by the effective response
of the brigades activated for cleaning and unclogging the segment of 150
meters which was damaged in the Zaza North Bridge (located on the 360th
kilometer of the Central Railway).
Similarly, restoring the railway at that site and inspection of said
viaduct, involved the participation of specialists and workers from
several provinces in the central region of the country.
Simultaneously, forces the Construction Business Group in Sancti Spiritus
(GECSS) created conditions for access to the area where the wrecked cars
still are, with a view to the recovery of the goods contained in them, not
an easy task due to significant deterioration of the railway structures.
Sources of the Provincial Administration Council stated that the most
compromising situation is dealt with the recovery of the cement silos
since they were completely left useless so the product should be removed
and packed in bags.
Although the incident did not cause any loss of human lives, it caused
significant damage to the road and the derailment of 15 of the 30 wagons
the train was pulling, several of which fell under the bridge, causing
heavy losses to the economy and setbacks in rail service.
They are still investigating the cause of the unfortunate event.(ACN)
More from this section ...
* Cuba Hosts for the First Time Latin American Pharmacology Congress
* Cuba: New Measures Come into Force on Direct Sales to Tourism
* Cubans Abroad Analyze Actions to Strengthen Unity
* Raul Castro Attends Ceremony of Young Cuban Artists
* Russian FM, Cuban Vice President to Hold Talks in Moscow
* Cubans Living in Europe to Strengthen Ties in Greece
* Cuba Marks Culinary Day
* Cuban Unions Discuss Main Document of Workers' Congress
* Int'l Symposium on Quality Ends in Cuba
* US Blockade Prevents Cuba from Accessing Competitive Markets
* Cuban Farmer and Painter Thanks FAO Support
* Russia, Cuba Strengthen Accounting Supervision Ties
* Oversea Cubans Meet in Rio de Janeiro
* Cuba Has Capabilities to Become Self-sufficient in Oil Consumption
Original Source / Fuente Original:
CUBA-L FAIR USE NOTICE
This server contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of Cuba's political, economic, human rights, international, cultural, educational, scientific, sports and historical issues, among others. We distribute the materials on the basis of a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. The material is distributed without profit. The material should be used for information, research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/ uscode/17/107.shtml.