10/21/13 - Radio Cadena Agramonte - Cuba: New Measures Come into Force on Direct Sales to Tourism
Havana, Cuba, Oct 21.- New resolutions issued by the Ministries of
Agriculture (MINAG), Tourism and Finance and Prices will come into force
this Monday to ease direct sales of agricultural products by farmers to
the tourist industry.
>From today contracts can be made between the hotel and restaurants
belonging to the tourism sector and state enterprises that have urban
These regulations also allowed the establishment of contractual relations
with all agricultural cooperatives and small farmers, including beneficial
owners of land, linked or not to cooperatives or state entities.
Teresa Suarez Rey, specialist MINAG Marketing Management, said that the
measure enables the sales of fresh flowers, ornamental plants, rice for
consumption, charcoal, floral arrangements, gardening services, dry spices
and seasonings, and chicken eggs that can be contracted between the
She explained that prices are set in Cuban pesos, considering that the
volume of products to buy falls within the approved budget of those
She said that small food processing factories products are not included in
this list due to the requirements established in international standards.
The agencies say the tourist demand traceability records of consumed
products, which are not established in every small food processing
The new measures are backed by Resolution number 581/2013, issued by the
MINAG, which is accompanied by resolutions 352 and 137 of that year, from
the ministries of Finance and Prices, and Tourism respectively.
Until last August, 187 cooperatives had participated through 403 contracts
in direct sales to tourism, of them 249hotels and 61 restaurants, mainly
belonging to the Palmares extrahotel chain.(ACN)
More from this section ...
* Cuba Hosts for the First Time Latin American Pharmacology Congress
* Railroad Transportation Restored in Central Cuba after Accident
* Cubans Abroad Analyze Actions to Strengthen Unity
* Raul Castro Attends Ceremony of Young Cuban Artists
* Russian FM, Cuban Vice President to Hold Talks in Moscow
* Cubans Living in Europe to Strengthen Ties in Greece
* Cuba Marks Culinary Day
* Cuban Unions Discuss Main Document of Workers' Congress
* Int'l Symposium on Quality Ends in Cuba
* US Blockade Prevents Cuba from Accessing Competitive Markets
* Cuban Farmer and Painter Thanks FAO Support
* Russia, Cuba Strengthen Accounting Supervision Ties
* Oversea Cubans Meet in Rio de Janeiro
* Cuba Has Capabilities to Become Self-sufficient in Oil Consumption
Original Source / Fuente Original:
CUBA-L FAIR USE NOTICE
This server contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of Cuba's political, economic, human rights, international, cultural, educational, scientific, sports and historical issues, among others. We distribute the materials on the basis of a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. The material is distributed without profit. The material should be used for information, research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/ uscode/17/107.shtml.