10/26/13 - Radio Cadena Agramonet - Russian Tourist Company Opens Direct Flights to Varadero
Havana, Cuba, Oct 26.- The tour operator Pegas Turistik, Russia, which
will operate during the upcoming season in Cuba with vacationers from that
country inaugurated today a direct flight from Moscow to Varadero, main
resort of this nation.
Every fortnight, the European company will employ 364 seats Boeing 777
aircraft to the airline Orenair, told Prensa Latina Irina Lavrenova,
supervisor of the tourist company in the Caribbean area.
"Cuba is beautiful and Russian tourists are very interest in visiting du
to its beaches and sunshine. This operation, initially, will remain until
May and I think it will be mutually beneficial for being an important
destination," she added.
Thirty travel agents, members of a familiarization group traveled on this
first flight, which landed at the international airport Juan Gualberto
Gomez Varadero, 130 kilometers east of Havana.
Rolando Marichal, president of the branch of Cubanacan travel agency in
Varadero, said the Russian market remains one of the main visitor arrivals
to Cuba and especially to this pole.
"In the period January-September 2013 the operation of the travel agency
Cubanacan presents a substantial increase of clients, ratifying it as a
leader in Cuba receptive to this important segment," he explained.
"With Pegas Turistk we have three years of successfully work," he added.
Besides Varadero, the Russian company moves customers from the Caribbean
region to Cancun in Mexico and Punta Cana in Dominican Republic.
Varadero is located on the north coast of the western province of
Matanzas, with 51 hotels and more than 20.000 rooms.
The year 2012 closed in the 10th position in the Top 25 beach destinations
in the world, according to the digital portal Tripadvisor.
Also last year, the famous beach, also called Playa Azul, completed for
the fifth consecutive period of 12 months, the reception of more than one
million foriegn tourists. (Prensa Latina)
More from this section ...
* Cuban Comptroller Spoke in INTOSAI Congress in Beijing
* Latin Am Congress on Pharmacology Ends with Awarding Ceremony
* Multi-purpose Cargo Ship Built in Cuba in Route to Venezuela
* Top Communist Party Leader Meets Vietnamese Political Delegation
* China and Cuba Value as Excellent Their Level of Relations
* Ibero-american Congress of Thought Begins in Eastern Cuba
* Famous Cuban Tobacco Plantation Readies for Campaign
* Angola and Cuba Share Strong and Historic Relations
* UN Agencies in Cuba Keep Developing Bilateral Cooperation Projects
* India's Vice President to Visit Cuba
* Cuban Vice President Cabrisas Starts Working Visit to Russia
* Parliament President of Salvador Receives Cuban Leader
* Exposed in France Valuable Collection of Ernesto Che Guevara
* U.S. Religious Leaders Request Exclusion of Cuba from Terrorist
Original Source / Fuente Original:
CUBA-L FAIR USE NOTICE
This server contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of Cuba's political, economic, human rights, international, cultural, educational, scientific, sports and historical issues, among others. We distribute the materials on the basis of a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107. The material is distributed without profit. The material should be used for information, research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/ uscode/17/107.shtml.